Spring has sprung at Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, and with it brings one of the most anticipated events of the season, the 13th Annual Bonnet House International Orchid & Garden Festival. The two-day event will be taking place from 9 am– 4 pm, rain or shine, Saturday, April 2th and and Sunday, April 3rd 2022.
The Festival welcomes orchid enthusiasts and plant lovers alike to vividly experience – and purchase – diverse, colorful and fragrant varieties of orchids, tropical plants, herbs, and fruit trees sold by local and international vendors from Thailand, Malaysia, Ecuador, and Brazil. International vendors are subject to change pending global health restrictions.
- Orchid Displays – Breathtaking orchid displays.
- Edible Bites – Food vendors throughout the property offering edible bites.
- Bloody Marys, Mimosa, Wine & Beer– Enjoy an invigorating mixture as you wander through the garden.
- Orchid and Exotic Plants – Featuring over 25 vendors including tropicals, fruit trees, bamboo, butterfly garden plants, and much more.
- Orchid Supplies – Vendors to provide all you need to plant and grow orchids.
- Garden Art – Attractive and unusual orchid and/or garden-related items from several vendors.
- Orchid & Garden Lectures -The trees and flora of Bonnet House, Saturday 10:00 am and Sunday 1:00 pm. The orchid collection of Bonnet House, history, and mystique, this lecture includes a visit to the greenhouses and growing tips for collectors, Saturday 1:00 pm and Sunday 10:00 am. Join Us 10 Minutes Before the Scheduled Time in Front of the Museum Gift Shop for Interactive Lectures and Walking Tours.
- Self-guided tours of the House and Grounds – Stroll through the grounds and house at your leisure and experience the charm and beauty of the Bonnet House estate.
- Rest Areas – Where you can sit and relax in the shade.
- Bonnet House Museum Shop – Near the main house, offers a unique choice of interesting books, jewelry, and an array of gift items.
2022 Vendors Include
OFE Orchid Supplies, Smiley Orchids, Liquid Gold Honey, Quest Orchids, Ritter Tropic 1 Orchids, Soroa Orchids, Springwater Orchids, Mac’s Orchids, Nature’s Tapestry, Marly’s Marvels, Floralia Orquidarios from Brazil, Greenhouse Orchids, John’s Jungle, Dan & Margie Orchids, Bactra Design, OF Orchids, Kazumi Garden, So Orchids, Odom’s Orchids, Jim-N-I Orchids, Tropical Plants from South America, Krull Smith, Orchids in Bloom, Atizana Inspired, PCK Orchids.
The event is generously sponsored by: John Knox Village, Brody & Brody, P.A., ElectroForms, Dianna & Anthony Silvagni, Joe & Nora Dyke and Soroa Orchids
Tickets are $12, which includes entrance to the Orchid & Garden Festival, parking and a self-guided Grounds Tour. Self-guided House Tours are an additional $8 and there will be no Guided House Tours during the festival weekend. Admission for guests ages 12 and younger is free. Both are available for purchase at BonnetHouse.org. Note, all ticket sales are final and non-refundable.