Spring has sprung at Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, and with it has brings one of the most anticipated events of the season, the 12th Annual Bonnet House International Orchid & Garden Festival between 9am-4pm on Saturday and Sunday, April 6th and 7th, 2019.
This incredibly popular festival will give orchid enthusiasts and plant lovers the opportunity to vividly experience – and purchase – diverse, colorful and fragrant varieties of orchids, tropical plants, herbs and fruit trees. In addition to over thirty vendors from South Florida, for the first time, international vendors from Thailand, Malaysia, Ecuador, and Hawaii will also be present.
Beyond the orchid and tropical plant displays, the exciting two-day event will offer something for everyone to enjoy, including food and libations from Fin Taco Truck, Alta Vaca Argentinean Grill, Hungarian Cinnamon Rolls and Jerk Cuisine, plus live music with the Pride Steel Band, and lectures from renowned orchid experts and growers.
SATURDAY, April 6th
- 11.00am Lecture with Chuck McCartney, Pretty Native Florida Orchids
- 12.00pm Book Signing with Dr. Martin Motes, Florida Orchid Growing Month by Month
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm Live performance by Pride Steel Band
- 1.00pm Lecture with Alex Lamazares, Orchid Care and Repotting
SUNDAY, April 7th
- 10.00am Lecture with Dr. Jason Downing, The Million Orchid Project
- 11.00am Lecture with Paul Craft, The Palms of Cuba
- 12.00pm Book Signing with Paul Craft, The Palms of Cuba
- 1.00pm Lecture with Jose L. Exposito, Orchid Treasures of Bonnet House: A walking Tour Through Time
This Year’s Vendors Include: Bactra Design International, Inc., Best of Thai Orchids, Buddha’s Garden, Carib Plants, Inc., Carmela Orchids, Crushable Hats Inc., Dan & Margie Orchids, Ecuafloro, Far East Agriculture, Gardino Nursery, Green Valley Orchids Inc., Greenhouse Orchids, Hoyaplants.com, J & J Plants, Jesse Durko Nursery, John’s Jungle, Kazumi Garden, OFE International, Orchid Treasures, PCK Orchids, Smiley’s Orchids & Greenery, Soroa Orchids, Tropic One Orchids
The entry fee for the Orchid Festival is $10, which includes complimentary parking, and available for purchase at BonnetHouse.org
Note, all ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Self-guided house tours are available for an additional $5.