Calendar of Events
Whether it’s a sunrise yoga class, beachside concert, or brunch with your best four-legged friend, you never have to go far to be at the heart of it all on Fort Lauderdale Beach. From early morning until late night, our calendar of events offers a little something for every interest and unique experiences welcoming everyone under the sun.
Our Events Calendar is Being Updated. Please visit our Facebook Page for happenings taking place along Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- This event has passed.
International Orchid Festival
April 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on April 3, 2022 at 9:00 am
The 13th annual Bonnet House Museum & Gardens International Orchid Festival welcomes orchid enthusiasts and plant lovers alike to vividly experience – and purchase – diverse, colorful and fragrant varieties of orchids, tropical plants, herbs, and fruit trees sold by local and international vendors from Thailand, Malaysia, Ecuador, and Brazil.
International vendors are subject to change pending global health restrictions. The two-day event will be taking place from 9 a.m.– 4 p.m., rain or shine.
Admission is $12 (Rain or Shine)
Includes Orchid Festival and Self-Guided Grounds Tour.
Self-Guided House Tours Are An Additional $8.
Children 12 & under are Free. No Discounts or Group Rates Apply.
There will be no guided house tours during the festival weekend. All tickets are non-refundable.
- Orchid Displays – Breathtaking orchid displays.
- Edible Bites – Food vendors throughout the property offering edible bites.
- Bloody Marys, Mimosa, Wine & Beer– Enjoy an invigorating mixture as you wander through the garden.
- Live Music – Live music throughout the property.
- Orchid and Exotic Plants – Featuring over 25 vendors including tropicals, fruit trees, bamboo, butterfly garden plants, and much more.
- Orchid Supplies – Vendors to provide all you need to plant and grow orchids.
Garden Art – Attractive and unusual orchid and/or garden-related items from several vendors.
- Orchid & Garden Lectures -The trees and flora of Bonnet House, Saturday 10:00 am and Sunday 1:00 pm. The orchid collection of Bonnet House, history, and mystique, this lecture includes a visit to the greenhouses and growing tips for collectors, Saturday 1:00 pm and Sunday 10:00 am. Join Us 10 Minutes Before the Scheduled Time in Front of the Museum Gift Shop for Interactive Lectures and Walking Tours.
- Self-guided tours of the House and Grounds – Stroll through the grounds and house at your leisure and experience the charm and beauty of the Bonnet House estate.
- Rest Areas – Where you can sit and relax in the shade.
- Bonnet House Museum Shop – Near the main house, offers a unique choice of interesting books, jewelry, and an array of gift items.
- Free parking – Parking will be available onsite at 900 N. Birch Rd. and on the east side of the Galleria Mall off Sunrise Blvd. at NE 26th Ave. Shuttle service will be available to take attendees to and from the Galleria Mall to Bonnet House from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Our pedestrian-only south entrance is located at 750 Breakers Avenue off Vista Mar Street and will also be open for attendees.
- OFE Orchid Supplies
- Smiley Orchids
- Liquid Gold Honey
- Quest Orchids
- Ritter Tropic 1 Orchids
- Soroa Orchids
- Springwater Orchids
- Mac’s Orchids
- Nature’s Tapestry
- Marly’s Marvels
- Floralia Orquidarios from Brazil
- Greenhouse Orchids
- John’s Jungle
- Dan & Margie Orchids
- Bactra Design
- OF Orchids
- Kazumi Garden
- So Orchids
- Odom’s Orchids
- Jim-N-I Orchids
- Tropical Plants from South America
- Krull Smith
- Orchids in Bloom
- Atizana Inspired
- PCK Orchids
Malvo’s Chill Spot, Aroma Smoothies, Stu’s Karts of all Kinds, Big Daddy’s Roasted Corn & Potatoes, Boho Cones
Sponsored by: John Knox Village, Brody & Brody, P.A., ElectroForms, Dianna & Anthony Silvagni, Joe & Nora Dyke, Soroa Orchids