In celebration of Family Health and Fitness Day on June 12, LO/OP FIT joins the National Recreation and Park Association, and parks across the country, to celebrate and promote health and well-being, and the importance of parks and recreation in keeping communities healthy.
Join us throughout the week leading up for the following special class offers and free activities.
BO/GO FIT Classes June 6-12, 2021
We know that exercise is great for our minds and bodies, but sometimes it’s challenging to maintain interest. That’s why exercising with a friend can be a huge benefit. During the week leading up to Family Health & Fitness Day we invite you to bring a friend of family member with you to any of the following LO/OP Fit classes free of charge*.
- Sunday, June 6 - Functional Flow with Shay at 10:15 am
- Monday, June 7 - Sunrise Kettlebell with Carlos & Becky at 6:00 am
- Monday, June 7 - In MOCEAN with Brooke at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 8 - Open HIIT with OutFit at 6:30 am
- Wednesday, June 9 - Sunrise Kettlebell with Becky at 6:00 am
- Wednesday, June 9 - Buns & Guns with Sharon and Kaylei at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, June 10 - Open HIIT with OutFit at 6:30 am
- Friday, June 11 - Sunrise Kettlebell with Becky at 6:00 am
- Friday, June 11 - Foundational Flow with Arkell at 5:30 pm
- Friday, June 11 - Open HIIT with OutFit at 5:45 pm
- Saturday, June 12 - Wake & Shake with Sharon and Kaylei at 9:45 am
* valid for new class attendees only when accompanying a previous or new class participant
Family Health & Fitness Day, June 12
Celebrate Family Health & Fitness Day at The LOOP on Saturday, June 12 by participating in the following activities with your family and friends at Las Olas Oceanside Park.
- 8 am - 11 am: Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep at Las Olas & A1A.
All volunteers will receive a complimentary orange or banana courtesy of the Las Olas Oceanside Park Farmers Market and the City of Fort Lauderdale BID
- 9:30 am - 10:30 am: Yoga on the Lawn with Lisa Pumper
Kids 6-16 Flow free with each paid adult during the 60-minute Yoga Flow featuring postures, breathing, meditation & cool musical beats.
- 10 am - 12 noon: TARGET® Health with FLIPANY Cooking Demonstration
Join local health and wellness non-profit, FLIPANY, as they team up with Target for the TARGET® HEALTH cooking demonstration from 10am - 12pm. Enjoy a scrumptious sample of a nutritious and delicious recipe you can easily cook at home prepared with fresh in-season Florida produce – which you can easy pick up at the Market too. In recognition of June being National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, the featured recipe is Veggie Quesadilla.
- 10:30 am - 1:00 pm CATCH KIDS CLUB
Hosted every Friday from 4:30 - 6:30 pm, FLIPANY invites you to attend a special Saturday CATCH Kids Club, presented by Target and Ocean Spray.
Let the games begin with Monster Volleyball, where school aged kids can jump and play without getting in each other’s way! Hop on over to the hula hoop freeze dance game, where kids can get their heart rates up while learning challenging dance moves in their very own hoop space! Top it all off with a stop at FLIPANY’s table where you can grab a healthy snack provided by Ocean Spray and Target!