Calendar of Events
Whether it’s a sunrise yoga class, beachside concert, or brunch with your best four-legged friend, you never have to go far to be at the heart of it all on Fort Lauderdale Beach. From early morning until late night, our calendar of events offers a little something for every interest and unique experiences welcoming everyone under the sun.
Our Events Calendar is Being Updated. Please visit our Facebook Page for happenings taking place along Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- This event has passed.
ELEVATE: Family Health & Wellness Day
June 12 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFREE
The City of Fort Lauderdale Parks & Recreation Department, in partnership FLIPANY and Children’s Services Council of Broward County, invites our community and community partners to join us for the inaugural ELEVATE Family Health & Wellness Day on Sunday, June 12, at Las Olas Oceanside Park.
Coinciding with the annual National Recreation & Parks Association Family Health & Fitness Day, ELEVATE aims to promote the importance parks play in keeping communities active, healthy and connected. The event and activities will focus on Five Pillars of Health: Mental, Physical, Spiritual, Financial and Sustainability for a Healthy Planet.
- Beats by Purple Sun Radio
- Blood Drive with OneBlood
- Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hands Only CPR Lessons
- Holistic & Wellness Seminars
- LensCrafters – Jumbo Eye Chart Vision Screening
- New York Life – Be Good at Life Manifestation Wall
- We Florida Financial – ZoGo App Pineapple Party
- Lawn Games, Prizes & Giveaways
- 12:00 pm: Self Awareness and Creating Space to Foster the Reality you Desire with LaTonya Hopson
Holistic Lifestyle Consultant |Empowerment Speaker |Sports Management Professor |Wellness Specialist
LaTonya Hopson is dedicated to building awareness of holistic wellness in the black communities and encouraging others to walk their purpose authentically. LaTonya provides faith based services for mental health, physical fitness and emotional therapy through alternative methods. LaTonya is the owner and operator of Top Notch Sports & Fitness, TNSNF educates, empower and enlightens others to live a holistically spiritual balanced lifestyle. LaTonya enjoys sharing her passion as a holistic healer and spiritual leader. LaTonya tackles many social injustice issues as an activist for DEI, health disparity advocate, culture consultant, empowerment speaker and storyteller.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: P.E. X-Games Children, Teens and Adult Fitness Games
PE X-Games facilitates x-traOrdinary physical education games for after school programs, summer camps and open area events. Games are all orchestrated by positive role models, which makes fitness, fun for everyone.
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: 30′ Rock Wall
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm: SocaBounce™ Fitness Lessons
SocaBounce™ is a fun, high energy and low impact, interval training workout guaranteed to reshape your body and fill your soul.
LO/OP Fit Instructor Raakeebah Mann will give a demonstration, and afterward, attendees can try the latest fitness craze and Bounce. Sweat. Fete.
- 10:30 – 11:00 am: Chair Yoga for Active Adults with Carolina Figares Carolina inspires others to improve their wellness lifestyle path and commitment to long term health and fitness goals, utilizing advanced leadership and decision making abilities. Supporting psychological, emotional and social development of adults and children, through customized coaching and teaching programs, she is committed to helping them to find true inner peace and their healthiest self.
CHILDREN’S SERVICES COUNCIL of BROWARD COUNTY RESOURCE FAIR
- 211 Broward: 211 Broward is the live, 24-hour comprehensive helpline, providing all people with crisis, health and human services support and connecting them to resources in our community.
- The Advocacy Network on Disabilities: Advocacy Network with Disabilities champions the rights of individuals with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities by promoting inclusion, providing services, and advancing systems change.
- Broward Healthy Start Coalition: Incorporated in February 1992, BHSC is the leader in Maternal and Child Health policy and programming in Broward County, and is responsible for the formation and administration of the Healthy Start system
- Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Center: CDTC provides medical & dental care and early intervention for children with special healthcare needs
- Children’s Services Council of Broward Co. – sponsor: The CSC’s mission is to provide leadership, advocacy, and resources necessary to enhance the lives of the children of Broward County and empower them to become responsible, productive adults through collaborative planning and funding of a continuum of quality care.
- Family Success Center: The four Family Success Centers located throughout the County are one-stop resources for assisting individuals and families in setting goals, learning skills, and accessing the services they need to become financially stable.
- Florida KidCare: Florida KidCare is the umbrella brand for the four government-sponsored health insurance programs – Medicaid, MediKids, Florida Healthy Kids and the Children’s Medical Services (CMS) Health Plan – that together provide a seamless continuum of coverage for Florida children from birth through the end of age 18.
- FLIPANY: FLIPANY’s mission is to foster healthy lives through nutrition education, physical activities, and wellness initiatives. Our innovative programs fight childhood obesity and hunger by focusing on healthy food preparation, food security, physical education and work-site wellness. FLIPANY’s programming includes Physical Activity, Soccer, Biking, Nutrition and Cooking Education, and USDA Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs.
- HandsOn Broward: HandsOn Broward empowers people to make a difference for causes they care about. By leveraging the power of people and socially responsible businesses, we transform local communities through meaningful hands-on service projects.
- SoFIA: The South Florida Institute of Aging improves economic and social insights and services to empower people as they age.
- SunServe: SunServe is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social service agency serving the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Questioning (LGBTQ) community in South Florida.
- Swim Central: SWIM Central is the coordinating agency for water-safety instruction and awareness in Broward County. It maintains the most comprehensive database in Florida for swimming pools and water-safety programs in the county.
Physical health is more than just physical activity. It is typical for people to associate physical well-being with being physically fit, capable of sustained physical activity, and eating a nutritionally sound diet; however, physical health also relates to the absence of disease and living a longer life in general. Our Physical Health Zone addresses the whole body, inside out and head to toe.
- City of Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center: The new Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center is COMING SOON! Learn more from High Diving Coordinator, Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series diver, and 2017 and 2019 World Aquatics Championships Medal winner, Steven LoBue.
- City of Fort Lauderdale Parks & Rec Dept.: The City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation Department offers a wide range of programs and activities to meet the health, recreation, and leisure needs of our neighbors. Our outstanding facilities provide an array of programming for patrons of all ages – from soccer, football, and swimming to nature walks, bingo, and ballroom dance. Through our diverse programs and services, we promote health and fitness, stimulate social interaction, and foster community engagement, all in an effort to enhance the quality of life.
- Clinical Care Medical Centers: Clinical Care Medical Center is a one stop shop for our senior community. We specialize in Medicare AND Medicaid patients where we offer primary care and specialty care in all our facilities, including but not limited to podiatry, dental, vision hearing, cardiology, lab work and more. Transportation available for all our patients! We accept all major insurances. Free courtesy visits offered and free to enroll.
- The Concierge Practice: A mobile family-based medical practice serving individuals 16 years of age and older. The benefit of our practice is that it is completely mobile, so we offer in-home, in-office, and virtual visits. We specialize in primary care services, weight loss packages with a nutritionist, low-acuity urgent care, and tele-EMC services.
- Excite My Health: Glow from the Inside Out Vitamins & Supplements
- LensCrafters: Dr. Judith Schaffer can help diagnose, treat, and detect subtle changes in your eyes year over year.
- Natura Dermatology: As one of Florida’s leading skin care experts, Will Richardson, MD, improves his patients’ overall well-being by treating their skin conditions. He’s also specially trained in assessing and treating African American and Latino and Hispanic skin.
- Osteostrong of Rio Vista: Learn ways to improve your overall health by focusing on the one thing we all have in common: a skeletal system. At the OsteoStrong they work with you to help you experience a positive change to your skeletal system to improve bone density, muscular strength, balance, and overall health!
- Pure La Vie Hydration and Wellness: As a Nurse Practitioner owned wellness spa, Pure LaVie specializes in IV vitamin infusions and vitamin injections, promoting health and wellness from the cellular level
- Stretch X : The Ultimate Stretching Experience: Stretch X focuses on the creation of a healthier you through practitioner-assisted stretching.
- Venturi X Caliber: Featuring Vollara ActivePure technology air & surface sanitizer for homes, business, vehicles and more.
MENTAL HEALTH & SPIRITUAL WELLNESS
Spiritual Wellness is the way you find meaning, hope, comfort, and inner peace in your life. Some people find spirituality through religion. Some people find it through music, art, or a connection with nature. Others find it in their values and principles. Our Mental Health & Spiritual Wellness Zone addresses the concept the body, mind, and spirit are connected and how the health of any one of these elements seems to affect the other.
- House of Thumbs: Organic Artisan, Homemade, Bath & Body Essentials.
- Hourglass Healing Arts: Comprised of two truly amazing and devoted healers, Hourglass Healing Arts is dedicated to spreading the message of mindfulness and health to their patients, sharing the belief that life should be lived with joy, gratitude, and a dedication to being present in the moment.
- Jessie Bear Boutique: Designed for the individual inspired by originality, who desires versatility, and intrigued by culture
- LaCure Natural Skin Products: Experience the natural goodness of La Cure and the virtues and healing powers of the Dead Sea Mineral products.
- LaTonya Hopson, M.S. Sports Administration, Holistic Lifestyle Consultant and Speaker
- Native Ceuticals Fort Lauderdale: Non-toxic ethically produced CBD and CBD products. We pride ourselves on our approach to always put our customers education first and helping them find the right solution to their needs.
- The Pride Center at Equality Park: The Pride Center at Equality Park provides a welcoming, safe space–an inclusive home–that celebrates, nurtures and empowers the LGBTQ+ communities and our friends and neighbors in South Florida. They meet the distinct health, social, educational, socio-economic and safety needs for the LGBTQ+ community and our allies.
- Readings by Joanne: Joanne is an intuitive psychic energy healer providing energy balancing meditations and psychic palm and tarot card reading
- Rainforest Beauty: Rainforest Beauty Care believes your skin deserves to look as good as it feels. Their mission is to help you unleash your inner beauty one step at a time through their line of natural, chemical free products.
FINANCIAL HEALTH ZONE
Financial health is the dynamic relationship of one’s financial and economic resources as they are applied to or impact the state of physical, mental and social well-being. Our Financial Health Zone addresses this on a variety of levels, from personal consultations fun and educational activities for the whole family, addressing banking, insurance, investment and whole home savings.
- Broward County Property Appraiser Office: Learn about property tax saving exemptions you may qualify for and how to protect your property from deed fraud.
- Humana: Since 1961, Humana has been committed to helping people live healthy and happy. Our approach is simple—offer personalized care from people who care. We do this by listening to our members and creating solutions to help them reach the best version of themselves. We’re also deeply invested in towns and cities across the country, and we strive to support and improve communities at a local level.
- Liberty Dental Plan: Liberty Dental Plan is a privately held health insurance company, which has developed and maintains a national, proprietary contracted provider network, comprised of qualified general and specialty dentists as well as hospitals, dental schools, FQHCs and community based clinics.
- New York Life – sponsor : New York Life Insurance Company is the nation’s largest mutual life insurance company and one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. New York Life and its subsidiaries provide insurance, investment, and retirement solutions that help people at all stages of life achieve financial security, delivered through financial specialists nationwide
- WE Florida Financial – sponsor : We Florida Financial is a credit union that puts Members first. We believe in making a positive difference in the lives of our Members and the communities in which we serve. Our mission is to bring people together through innovation, convenience and trust to provide banking without limitations and empowering people to explore their dreams.
- Chill Otter Co.: Chill Otter is a family owned and operated business based out of Miami, Florida with a mission it to provide authentic and 100% organic hemp derived products for people and pets, without ever compromising the quality, affordability and safety of use.
- PetWell Clinic Pembroke Pines – sponsor: PetWell Clinic is a Veterinary Walk In Clinic for Dogs and Cats. We Provide Wellness Visits, Vaccinations, and Chronic Care.
FOOD / DRINKS
- Fresh Organics & More – Cut Fruit, Fresh Juices
- My Hot Vegan – Vegan Delights
- ItalKing – Coconut Water; Vegan Foods
- The Juice Somm – Acai Bowl, Salads, Smoothies
- Suja Juice – sponsor