Bonnet House’s world-famous orchid collection is one of the myriad reasons why a visit to South Florida is truly not complete without time spent at this grand estate’s beautiful Museum and Gardens. Here, you will marvel and delight in the approximately 1,200 beautiful, exotic plants in various stages of development found within our greenhouses and display house.
One of the most popular and anticipated yearly events featuring this wonderful collection will bloom once more in early December with the return of the Bonnet House Orchid, Garden & Gourmet Food Festival, featuring the 10th Annual Orchid and Exotic Plant Sale.
Taking place from 9am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, December 2 and 3 the Festival will allow orchid enthusiasts, and plant lovers in general, the opportunity to vividly experience – and purchase – diverse, colorful and fragrant varieties of orchids, exotics, tropical, herbs and fruit trees sold by over 40 local vendors. The orchids and exotic plants, though, are only the beginning. This exciting two-day event will offer something for everyone to enjoy, including gourmet food trucks, libations, garden art, orchid care and general gardening lectures, cooking demonstrations, live music, a farmer’s market, and much more!
The entry fee for the Orchid, Garden & Exotic Plant Festival is $12 for members and $15 for non-members. Parking is free. Tickets are now available online at BonnetHouse.org. For more information please call (954) 703-2614.
- Orchid Displays – Orchid displays created by local Orchid Societies.
Gourmet Food Trucks – Food trucks throughout the property offering edible bites.
- Wine, Beer, Mimosa’s & Bloody Mary’s– Enjoy an invigorating mixture as you wander through the garden.
- Orchid and Exotic Plants – Featuring over 40 vendors including tropicals, fruit trees, bamboo, butterfly garden plants and much more.
Orchid Supplies – Vendors to provide all you need to plant and grow orchids.
Garden Art – Attractive and unusual orchid and/or garden related items from several vendors.
- Orchid Care Lectures – Saturday – 10:30 Intro to Orchids, 2:00 Basic Orchid Repotting. Sunday – 10:30 Intro to Orchids, 2:00 Orchid Pests & Diseases.
- Cooking Demos – How-to demonstrations on preparing simple meals.
- Green Market – Herbs, organic fruit and vegetables and helpful tips on gardening will be available.
- Self-guided Tours of the House and Grounds – Stroll through the grounds and house at your leisure and experience the charm and beauty of the Bonnet House estate.
- Rest Areas – Where you can sit and relax in the shade.
- The Bonnet House Museum Shop – Near the main house, offers a unique choice of interesting books, jewelry and array of gift items
- Lots of Free parking – The entrance to the parking lot is on N. Birch Road off of Sunrise Blvd. between A1A and the Intracoastal Waterway. Our pedestrian only south entrance is located at 750 Breakers Avenue off Vista Mar Street.