New Year’s Eve is a time to toast to a new beginning and usher in the New Year with hopes of continued or increased prosperity, friendships, laughter, joy, and good health. Whether you are raising a glass of champagne or sparkling cider – here are some wise, witty, brainy and boozy sayings to help you make a poignant and memorable toast for a Happy New Year’s Eve.
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The past is always tense, the future perfect.” -Zadie Smith
- “Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops… at all.” -Emily Dickinson
- “To regret deeply is to live afresh.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” -Buddha.
- “We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.” -Nelson Mandela
- “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” -Oscar Wilde
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” – Eleanor Hibbert
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” -Marlene Dietrich
- “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” -William Shakespeare
- “Any idiot can face a crisis. It’s day to day living that wears you out.” -Anton Chekhov.
- “The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” -Albert Einstein
- “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” -Søren Kierkegaard
- “Time brings all things to pass.” -Aeschylus
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” -Thomas Edison
- “I cannot be an optimist but I am a prisoner of hope.” – Cornel West
- “In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.” -Frank Sinatra
- “I never worry about being driven to drink; I just worry about being driven home.” -W.C. Fields
- “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” -Homer Simpson
BrainyQuote.com, Yahoo Voices, Good Reads, Thought Catalog, Quotations Page