The Atlantic Hotel & Spa on Fort Lauderdale Beach is pleased to announce the continuation of its partnership with non-profit ArtServe Inc. to showcase the artwork of local artists in the hotel’s main lobby with the “Bold and Beautiful” exhibition.
A reception will take place Tuesday, January 19th at 6 p.m. in the Atlantic Hotel & Spa’s main lobby area. Guests can enjoy live art, appetizers and drinks provided by Beauty & the Feast as well as appearances by all six artists.
The latest exhibition adorns the hotel lobby walls with the works of six celebrated and diverse local artists who have all achieved acclaim in different mediums, disciplines and professions.
Spoken word artists from ArtServe’s teen arts program, The VoiceBox, will perform original compositions inspired by the visual art on display and the beautiful seaside location of The Atlantic Hotel & Spa. Created in partnership with the Jason Taylor Foundation, The VoiceBox features artists from the Omari blueapple Poetry Network and highlights another important community initiative that is supported by The Atlantic Hotel & Spa.
Following the reception, guests will have the opportunity to dine on a three course pre-fixe dinner at Beauty & the Feast starting at 7:30 p.m. The dinner will cost $49.50 per person, and reservations can be made online at http://artserve.eventbrite.com.
Featured artists include:
- Susan Clifton: a mixed media painter who spent years as an art director and web developer before devoting full-time to painting. Her new works explore fractal shapes that form “fabric mosaic.”
- Diane Delorey: an award-winning painter whose work explores movement and space in bold hues and textures. After successful careers as a creative director and a chef on yachts, Diane began drawing and painting in a variety of mediums and styles. Originally from Texas, Diane’s current work reflects South Florida’s exuberance.
- Michael D. Harris: is inspired by the intricacy of Florida’s waterway systems and concentrates his artistic efforts recreating them from two dimensional images into three dimensional forms. Harris creates his waterway sculptures in his Pembroke Pines studio and is exhibited throughout the state of Florida.
- Renee Falsetto: an abstract expressionist who works in oils, acrylics and mixed media, Renee’s work is admired by collectors worldwide for its unabashed use of color. As an accomplished children’s book illustrator and muralist, Renee has executed projects for clients in the U.S., Canada and Germany.
- Leonardo Montoya: an award-winning artist whose love for art began as a child in Colombia. Inspired by the human figure from Renaissance masters to super heroes and stereotypes of pop art icons, Leonardo recreates popular images with a classical approach and a contemporary twist.
- Carlos Pundik: a 3-D artist who creates excitement of the visual senses through exhilarating and kaleidoscopic work. His featured work in the Chorchorus collection utilizes jute to create a 3-D effect in a pop design style to provoke a “fiesta” for the eyes.